6/22/2007

Taino Identity Survey

Dear Peoples of the Taino Nation,

This letter is in regards to a Taino Identity Survey - and I would like your involvement. I am a Master's Student at the University of Leiden and also of Puerto Rican, and possibly Taino descent. My thesis is regarding Taino identity.

I chose this topic because as I was reading through much of the literature surrounding the Taino "Revival" (which is funny because I thought Taino peoples were always here)- none of the Academic journals or books etc, have interviewed Taino peoples themselves. Therefore, I have decided for my thesis work that I would like to include all of you.

If you could please go to this site: Taino Identity Survey in order to participate I would really appreciate it. The questionnaire takes about 7 minutes to complete. It is in open question format and the last box allows you to express any open opinions that you may have about being Taino, totally without restrictions.

These survey responses will be included in full, in my thesis Chapter 6. You will remain anonymous, unless you contact me that you would like to be referred to. If you would like to participate in this project, and lend more voice to the Taino cause, I would really appreciate it. Please send this survey to any other people that also identify themselves as being Taino.

Here is the link to the Taino Identity Survey, just in case you need to copy and paste it into your browser:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=dROCKQJKrg_2fRMRnLaJZxug_3d_3d

Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thank you,
Marie Carmen Ortiz
m.c.trankovsky@leidenuniv.nl
mtrankov@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog. I too am conducting my thesis research on Taino identity in Puerto Rico. I was there all summer conducting interviews. Several people I interviewed said they had received a survey by someone. It must have been you. Feel free to contact me at wigalm@mailbox.sc.edu. I'd be interested to talk to you.
Mick